Please read the following prior to your appointment:
- 1. Have a good meal prior to your procedure.
- 2. Return home immediately following your appointment, take the prescribed analgesics and use an ice pack as directed in your post-operative instructions.
- 3. If you are traveling a long distance (more than an hour by car) try to arrange for someone else to drive for you.
- 4. If your procedure involves oral sedation, you will require someone to drive you to and from your appointment.
- 5. In most cases you may return to work the day after your procedure. However if your work involves physical labour it is suggested that you work at a slower pace or take 2 days off.
- 6. We recommend that you do no physical exercise for 2 weeks following your procedure in order to avoid any possible complications.
- 7. It is preferable that you do not fly within the 4-5 days following your procedure.
- 8. If possible do not schedule your procedure less than 2 weeks before an important event.
- 9. Have softer, cooler foods prepared for the first 1-2 days following your procedure. Avoid foods with nuts, grains or kernels, and those that are difficult to chew.
- 10. Ensure that you have read and understood the consent form and that you understand why the procedure is being recommended for you. Please bring the signed consent form with you to your appointment.